Skip to main content
City of Albuquerque eWeb Logo

Jobs and Training

Go Search
Human Resource Policies
Employee Services
Jobs and Training
IT Services
City Travel
City of Albuquerque IPRA
Administrative Instructions
City Of Albuquerque > Jobs and Training > Content > Tuition Assistance and Educational Leave  

Tuition Assistance and Educational Leave

Tuition Reimbursement & Educational Leave

Information about Tuition Reimbursement and Educational Leave at the City of Albuquerque.

Tuition Reimbursement

The City of Albuquerque is a proponent of higher education and encourages and supports employees in reaching their educational goals through the Tuition Assistance and Educational Leave Programs.

Reimbursement is awarded based on successful completion of 1 to 6 credit hours per Fall and Spring terms from a regionally accredited college or university at the rate of up to $140 per credit hour not to exceed $840 per term.

Note: Reimbursement is for Tuition Only. Fees, books, and other costs will not be reimbursed.

Applications are due by the deadlines listed below:

PSU New Logo - Red.jpg

2018 Fall Term – Classes August – December

  • Application Opens: Dec. 15, 2018
  • Applications Due: Jan. 15, 2019

2019 Spring Term – Classes January – May

  • Application Opens: May 15, 2019
  • Applications Due: June 15, 2019

After completing the online application employees must submit all receipts and grades for the current term to the Public Service University. Employees will be notified of application status within two weeks of the deadline. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure all materials are submitted and received by the Public Service University.


Apply for Tuition Assistance Application: Open June 15, 2019


Education Leave

Education Leave is available year round to eligible employees. All Education Leave requests must be signed/approved by the employee’s direct supervisor, Division Manager, and Department Director. Education Leave does not include Tuition Assistance. Employees must complete the application form and submit to the Public Service University to use Education Leave.

Apply for Education Leave

If you have any questions please e-mail or call (505) 768-3200.

For More Info Contact:
Reed, Danielle L. 
Download Attachment Here:
Last modified at 6/10/2019 2:42 PM  by Darling, James