Are you aware that your employees:
· Are interested in working in other City departments or in different positions;
· May be missing out on internal job opportunities because they don’t know HOW to market themselves competitively for their next City job;
· May not know HOW to communicate their current transferrable experience to another City position they are interested in;
· May be receiving application rejection notices from HR due to their incomplete City applications;
· May be frustrated with their managers and the City generally, due to their perception of a “lack of internal job opportunities?”
HR is offering a new training designed specifically for City employees. The objective is to assist internal applicants (City employees) to follow strategies for obtaining a better opportunity for consideration in the City application and interview process. The two (2) hour learning curriculum is designed to target the following areas:
ü Learn more about the City’s Applicant Tracking System and required information HR looks for in the applications to qualify you for a posted position.
ü Recognize that the City complies with Equal Employment Opportunity laws and follows policies to prevent discrimination in recruiting and hiring.
ü Identify requirements listed in job descriptions & distinguish the differences in minimum & preferred qualifications.
ü Recognize methods for marketing your previous work experience and qualifications on your application or application materials to attract hiring managers.
ü Confront your strengths and weaknesses & utilize techniques for securing and successfully completing an interview.
ü Conduct mock interviews with practice behavioral interview questions.
Interested in signing up your employee or directing them to sign up? Click on the links below:
July 30, 2019 (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm) at City Hall, Public Service University, Basement
For more information, contact Human Resources at 505-768-3700.