The countdown officially begins! In one more year, more than 10,000 senior athletes, along with their families and friends, will visit Albuquerque for the 2019 National Senior Games presented by Humana. The Games will be held from June 14 – 25, 2019, at a variety of venues in our city and around the state.
“On Wednesday, June 13th, we are going to gather on Civic Plaza to raise the spirit of our community to prepare for the 2019 National Senior Games,” said Mayor Tim Keller. “This celebration will begin to engage citizens across the state of New Mexico to be part of The Games. Everyone can be involved as an athlete, volunteer, or spectator.”
- Who: Mayor Tim Keller; Marc T. Riker, Chief Executive Officer, National Senior Games Association; Sarita Nair, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Albuquerque; Anna M. Sanchez, Director, City of Albuquerque Department of Senior Affairs; Hazel Tull-Leach, Executive Director, 2019 National Senior Games; Cecilia Acosta, Executive Director, NM Senior Olympics
- What: 2019 National Senior Games YEAR OUT CELEBRATION
- When: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 · 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Albuquerque Civic Plaza
- See attached flyer for more information about the Year-Out Celebration
“The National Senior Games Association team is looking forward to being in Albuquerque to participate in the Year Out Celebration,” said Marc T. Riker, Chief Executive Officer, National Senior Games Association. “The celebration will include a variety of events from playing pickleball with the Mayor to an intergenerational walk on Albuquerque’s Civic Plaza. It is great to see Albuquerque embracing this event.”
The City of Albuquerque’s Department of Senior Affairs provides a wide array of services for citizens in the community. For more information regarding the City of Albuquerque’s Department of Senior Affairs, contact their Information & Assistance Hotline at (505) 764-6400, Monday – Friday, between 8:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The National Senior Games Association (NSGA) is a nonprofit Multi-Sports Council member of the United States Olympic Committee that promotes health and wellness for adults 50 and over through education, fitness and sport. NSGA governs the biennial National Senior Games, the largest multi-sport championship event in the world for seniors. NSGA is comprised of 54 Member Games across the country and in Canada who conduct competitions which serve as qualifying events for the National Senior Games. The 2019 National Senior Games presented by Humana will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico from June 14-25, 2019. For more information, please visit www.NSGA.com.