The City of Albuquerque BetterHealth Program and Presbyterian Health Plan have arranged to bring the Mobile Mammography Van to City Hall in May. City employees may take 30 minutes Paid Leave-Other (PLO) with prior approval from their supervisors (see attached memo below). Family members with accepted health plans are invited to participate.
· Thursday, May 17, 8:00am – 5:00pm, City Hall Vicinity (Downtown at 6th & Marquette)
· Thursday, May 24, 8:00am – 5:00pm, City Hall Vicinity (Downtown at 6th & Marquette)
Call 505-332-6967 to schedule your screening mammogram. There is no co-payment for Presbyterian Health Plan members. Other health insurance plans may be accepted - call the scheduling number to confirm insurance coverage.
Here are a few breast cancer prevention and screening recommendations:
· Adopting the following health patterns can help reduce the risk of breast cancer: maintain a healthy weight, get regular physical activity, and limit alcohol intake.
· The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that most women age 50-74 should have a screening mammogram every 2 years.
· Women 40-49 years old and those who think they may have a higher risk of breast cancer are advised to speak with their doctors about when to have a screening mammogram. The attached CDC Breast Cancer Fact Sheet includes risk factors and warning signs.