Flu shots will be available at 22 work locations this year. See attached schedule below (Flu Shots All 2017.pdf).
All City of Albuquerque employees (including full time, part time, temporary, and seasonal) and family members age 19 & older may participate, however some locations are limited to employees only.
Take your medical insurance ID card, whether it’s from Presbyterian or another insurance plan.
If your job requires proof of vaccination, ask the flu shot staff to mail the proof of vaccination to you. Otherwise you can pick it up from any Walgreens afterwards.
· The flu shot has a $0 copay for Presbyterian Health Plan and most insurance plans.
· The cost for participants without insurance coverage is $24 cash only.
· Anyone can get the flu, and it can be serious.
· The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone six months of age and older as the first and most important step in protecting against this contagious disease.
· For more information about the influenza vaccine and how the flu affects people, see the attached Vaccine Information Statement (VIS), Benefits of Flu Vaccination, and Flu and You, a simple visual fact sheet.