If you use tobacco products and need a little help quitting, sign up for the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program for Tobacco Cessation. The 8-week course will help participants reduce stress and deal with cravings, sleep issues, high blood pressure, and more. Instructor Michelle DuVal, MA, is the leading provider of mindfulness trainings in the Southwest. Michelle is the director of The Mindful Center and has taught thousands of people the skills of mindfulness for health, healing, and stress reduction.
Who is Eligible?
· Up to 40 benefits-eligible City of Albuquerque employees, spouses and domestic partners who want to quit using tobacco products – cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, e-cigarettes, and any other form of tobacco or nicotine.
· 8 Tuesday evenings
· July 25 – September 12, 2017
· 5:45pm – 7:15pm
Erna Ferguson Library, Community Room
3700 San Mateo NE 87110
(Between Comanche and Montgomery Blvd)
· Register June 12 – June 30, 2017 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MBSR2017-3-
· After 40 have registered, employees and family members will be placed on a waiting list for the next class in 2018.
· Please call if you need help registering!
Results from CABQ’s First Class held March 14 – May 2, 2017
· 9 participants rated their stress level before and after the 8-week program. Results: 31% decrease in stress level.
· 9 participants stated how many cigarettes they smoked daily before and after the program. Results: 54% decrease in daily cigarettes.
· “I enjoyed taking this program with Michelle. She is fun and positive. She did not speak
negatively or reprimand anyone for their behaviors, but was great at suggesting alternatives to
help curb bad habits. I have learned how to better deal with stress and stressful situations by
the practices Michelle is teaching. I will continue using this practice even after I quit smoking.”