The City of Albuquerque BetterHealth Program and Presbyterian Health Plan have arranged to bring the Mobile Mammography Van to City Hall. City employees may take 30 minutes Paid Leave-Other (PLO) with prior approval from their supervisors (see attached memo below). Family members with accepted health plans are invited to participate.
· Monday, May 8, 8:00am – 5:00pm, City Hall Vicinity (6th and Marquette)
· Thursday, May 18, 8:00am – 5:00pm, City Hall Vicinity (6th and Marquette)
Call 505-332-6967 to schedule your screening mammogram. There is no co-payment for Presbyterian Health Plan members. Other health insurance plans may be accepted - call the scheduling number to confirm insurance coverage.
Here are a few breast cancer prevention and screening recommendations:
· Adopting the following health patterns can help reduce the risk of breast cancer: maintain a healthy weight, get regular physical activity, and limit alcohol intake.
· The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that most women age 50-74 should have a screening mammogram every 2 years.
· Women 40-49 years old and those who think they may have a higher risk of breast cancer are advised to speak with their doctors about when to have a screening mammogram. The attached CDC Breast Cancer Fact Sheet includes risk factors and warning signs.